34 Reasons Why You Should be Using Video Marketing
Amanda Tevis brings more than six years of successful marketing experience to CrafterCMS. In addition, she held positions in sales, customer service, and design previously in her career. Amanda also successfully established an independent photography business and small online jewelry business. Her wide range of experience brings new ideas and fresh perspectives to the company. Amanda holds a BFA in Photography and Fine Arts from Frostburg State University, where she was awarded a prestigious scholarship for her design skills.
The latest trend in digital marketing is favoring video. Perhaps you’ve noticed – it’s nearly impossible to be online these days without experiencing some form of video marketing. The following are just a few statistics that may just be enough to convince your marketing team to start more video projects.
Volume Statistics for Video Marketing
- Almost one-third of total internet users are on YouTube (that’s over a billion!).
- 45% of internet users watch at least an hour of videos a week on YouTube and Facebook.
- YouTube viewers watch over 500 million hours of videos daily.
- Approximately 82% of Twitter users watch video content on that platform.
- More videos have been uploaded in the last 30 days than in the last 30 years on all major U.S. television networks.
- A whopping 87% of online marketers use video content as their preferred platform.
- Every 60 seconds approximately 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- A third of all online activity is spent viewing videos.
- Nearly 85% of users in the US watch videos online.
- Millennials watch the most videos online.
- Men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- Mobile video is so popular that over half of the video content is viewed on smartphones or tablets.
- Mobile video viewers love to share with 92% sharing their videos after watching.
- Twitter users watch 90% of Twitter video views on a mobile device.
- More than 200 million broadcasts have been created by Periscope users.
- Each day over 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- Proof of its extreme popularity, 51% of global marketing professionals say video is their preference and offers the best ROI.
- Marketers using video grow revenue over 49% faster than those who don’t utilize video.
- It’s all about speed! If video and text are on the same topic, 59% of executives agree they are more likely to choose video.
- Forget text and images; social video generates 1200% more shares than those combined!
- There’s a 157% increase from video in organic traffic from SERPs.
- To get the most engagement go for videos up to 2 minutes long.
- Say what? Over 85% of Facebook videos are viewed muted.
- If you want to increase conversions by 80% or more, throw a video on your landing page.
- Facebook videos have a higher reach by tenfold compared to YouTube links.
- On average, the CVR for websites with video is 4.8%, in contrast to 2.9% for those that don’t.
- A landing page video makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- After viewing an ad, 46% of viewers act.
- An email with a video gets an increase of 96% click-through rate
- Video attracts as much as three times more monthly visitors.
- To attract three times more inbound links to blog posts, start incorporating video.
- To boost engagement by 22%, combine video with full-page ads.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- If you want your viewers to retain a message, give it to them in a video! Statistics show 95% more retention versus 10% when read in text.
- By 2019, traffic from internet video will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- Websites with video get 88% more of a viewer’s time.
Want to increase your marketing with video coverage? Thinking about a new strategy for 2018? Let CrafterCMS get you the views you want – Shoot us an email today!
What Is a Multi-Tenant CMS?
CrafterCMS Version 4: The Next Level of Headless Content Management
Fireside Chat with DXP Report
How to Marry a Frontend-as-a-Service to a Headless CMS
Modernizing Video Delivery and Content Management at CPAC, A Canadian Nationwide Broadcaster
AI-based Media Asset Management with AWS Rekognition and CrafterCMS
Building OTT Video Experiences with Headless CMS on AWS
How to Launch a Live Video Streaming Solution
Partner Solution: Live Video and Conferencing for Digital Events